On Wednesday 13th June a Get Stuck in! course was run by Groundwork NE & Cumbria to promote and support community learning. Children of the school and their relatives were invited to spend the day developing our Community garden.
• Clearing overgrown areas of the garden to create a new learning circle
• Creating a footpath around the edge of the school garden
• Making a bug hotel to use as a school learning resource
• Safe use of tools and equipment
• Health and safety aspects of carrying out outdoor work
The course was funded by and administered through Durham County Council’s Adult Learning & Skills service.
We had over 20 adults and their children working really hard in the garden all day. The sun was shining and everyone was kept really busy. At the end of the day the garden looked amazing and was totally transformed.
A huge thank you to all the adults and children who participated as your hard work has really made a difference to the garden.
Watch this space as there may be more courses planned for the garden. If you are interested then please let school know.